The Church is a community of those who believe in God the Father, in God the Son Jesus Christ and in God the Holy Spirit - one God; who are repentant of their sin and who have been saved by personal faith in Jesus Christ through his atoning death and resurrection; who publicly proclaim their faith and are committed to the Church's vision, aims and functions.
The Church believes in:
- The true humanity and deity of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The atonement made on the Cross by our Lord for the sin of the world.
- The person of the Holy Spirit as the one who sanctifies and who sets apart, empowers and imparts spiritual gifts to the church.
- The inspiration of the Bible and its authority in all matters of faith and practice.
- Salvation is by faith in Jesus Christ alone.
- Membership of the church is for those who have received salvation.
- The immersion of believers as the only scriptural form of water baptism.